Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Knott's in my throat




On Saturday, to celebrate Camille's birthday we all went to Knott's Berry Farm. You can tell I'm not from around here, because when I first heard that's what we were doing I thought to myself "Why the F are we going to a jam factory? How is that all 'Happy Birthday'? Does Camille have a jam fetish I don't know about?"

So yeah, besides jam, they have big roller coasters. One of which scared the piss out of both Cindy and I. We got the picture, but I don't have a scanner so I can't share it. However, I can share the pictures we did take.

Here's us just getting into the theme park when it's 100 degrees outside and all we want is something cool to drink. If you look behind me, you'll find a stand full of ice cold refreshments THAT WE COULDN'T BUY BECAUSE THE DAMNED TWIT'S CASH REGISTER WAS BROKE or something. She wouldn't even accept exact change.

I thought I'd record my demeanor about the whole situation for the rest of you. I'm sure you appreciate it.

Here we are trying to figure out what kind of jam they sell... Oh, and that's our new married couple friends, Katy and Jeremy. They now play D&D with us. They're hooked, and it's my fault. :)

Here's Jeremy and I chillin on the river raft ride that only lasted about 30 seconds after standing in line for about a half an hour.

I actually didn't get sunburned. Although, Katy got soaked. It was nice to have some cool water nearby though, after not being able to buy the obviously cold and refreshing beverages that just teased you as you walked in the gate. I mean that's just evil, people!

And speaking of evil, let me introduce you to Ghost Rider. This is one of the largest wooden roller coasters in the world. It's also one scary S.O.B. This is a ride that when you get off of it, you hurt. It shakes, rattles, and rolls you all over hell and back. I wish I could show you the picture, we both thought we were going to die.


I'm sure it's supposed to be safe and no one has died yet. But wow, let me just say, it's a real trip.

Unfortunately, I think it turns out that Knott's Berry Farm is also in one of the more polluted areas of LA. So either the fact that I was screaming at the top of my lungs, combined with the fact that there's a bunch of screaming kids around, or the pollution, or all of the above... well, what I'm trying to say is that I ended up with an inflamed sore throat for the past few days. I blame Ghost Rider.


Well, tomorrow I leave for GenCon in Indianapolis. So, a sore throat just in time to talk all day to a huge constant crowd. When did fun get so hard on me?







No comments: